Sunday, August 7, 2011

After the race

 I must admit that I haven't posted anything for soo long because I was waiting for the photos from the race. I purchased three photos from photographer at the race, but ended up buying them in hard copy only. I'm not sure that I will be able to get them uploaded here.  This is the only photo I have from the end of the race.

The course was very difficult. I had a tough time in the VERY cold water during the swim. Once I eventually made it out of the water, the bike section was another challenge. That course was hilly! It felt as if we were either going up, or going down the entire time. There was one 4km stretch where we were going fairly straight which provided some time to eat and drink. The rest however, I was grinding on the gears or holding tight down the descents. By the run I was tired! but at this point I kept telling myself that at least I only have the running to go...

It's interesting that as you run, time seems to blend in to the next minute. I was tired, and hurting but I just kept running until the finish line. Wow what an experience!!

Tristan and I both enjoyed it. As I crossed the finish line I was incredibly proud and thought to myself "I'm not sure I need to race another 70.3"........



until the next morning when I woke up and began looking at the registration for an ironman next year.... (stay tuned for that one)

No comments:

Post a Comment